Apricot Delight (Khubaani Trifle)
As'Salamualaikum Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakutuhu!!
Apricot Delight, my version and twist for famous and popular Hyderabadi dessert Khubaani ka Meetha. A perfect family dessert to serve after a sumptuous meal. Dried apricot soaked and cooked in sugar and with a hint of lemon, layered with vanilla cake and custard, served with a dollop of fresh cream or ice cream too.
1) Apricots 250gms
2) Sugar 60gms (you can adjust according to your taste)
3) Water 400ml
4) Dream Whip 1sachet (beat and keep ready)
5) Any favourite ice cream(I have used Caramel flavour)
6) Plain Vanilla Cake
7) Vanilla Custard 2cups (375ml)
8) Orange flavour Jelly mix box 1
9) Lemon juice 1/2tsp.
1) Wash and soak the apricots in water overnight.
2) Mash and stone the apricots. Break open the stone and remove the nuts.
3) Cook the mixture of apricot until it starts thickening, don't make a paste.
4) Add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
5) Add lemon juice and allow the mixture to cool.
6) Make two cups vanilla custard and keep aside.
7) Microwave 1/2 cup water and add 2tbsp orange jelly powder, mix and let it cool. Don't let it set, it shud be in liquid form.
8) Now take individual serving glasses and place cake piece first and then pour some jelly mix.
9) Pour Qubaani mixture, next layer it with Custard.
10) Next layer of Dream Whip and keep refrigerated.
11) Just before serving drop a dollop of ice cream and sprinkle some nuts over it.
12) Now Indulge and Enjoy without feeling guilty!!