Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel
As'Salamualaikum Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu
Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel.... Oh! how amazing theses muffins smells all over my kitchen. Moist and delicious one can enjoy at breakfast or at evening with tea. The best use of over ripe bananas.
1) All-purpose flour 1-1/2 cups
2) Ground cinnamon 1/2tsp
3) Baking soda 3/4tsp
4) Baking powder 3/4 tsp
5) Salt 1/4 tsp
6) Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
7) Unsalted butter, softened to room temperature 6 tbsp
8) Large egg 1
9) Mashed bananas, very ripe (about 3 large ripe bananas) 1- 1/2 cups
10) Yogurt 3tbsp
1) Ground cinnamon 1/2 tbsp
2) Light brown sugar (or dark brown sugar) 1/4 cup packed
3) Semi-sweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup
4) Chopped walnuts 1/2 cup
1) Preheat oven to 425F or 220C degrees. Line muffin tin with baking cups or spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2) Make the streusel first by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the muffins:
3) In a medium bowl, gently toss together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Using an electric stand or hand mixer, beat the sugar, butter, and egg in a large bowl until fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed. On low speed, beat in the mashed bananas and yogurt. By hand, stir in the dry ingredients mixing until everything is *just* combined. Do not over mix.
4) Layer one Tablespoon of batter into the muffin cup. Sprinkle with streusel. Layer another spoonful on top and layer with more streusel. Continue to layer batter and streusel into each muffin tin.
5) Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425F or 220C degrees. Lower temperature dial down to 350F or 175C degrees and continue to bake for about 14 more minutes until the muffins are set and lightly browned.
6) Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tins and transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Muffins freeze well, up to 3 months.