Hyderabadi Cutlets with Continental twist of Cheese and Bread crumbs!!
1) Mutton mince/kheema 250 gms
2) Potatoes (Boiled and mashed) 350gms
3) Egg (beaten) 1
4) Onions 1medium roughly chopped
5) Turmeric pdr 1/2tsp
6) Red chilli pdr 1tsp
7) Ginger-garlic paste 2tsp
8) Salt to taste
9) Coriander pdr 1/2tsp
10) Lemon juice 1tbsp +1tbsp
11) Bread crumbs 1/2 cup
12) Cheddar cheese 1/4 cup
13) Coriander leaves finely chopped 2tbsp + 1tbsp
14) Green chillies finely chopped 2
15) Mint leaves finely chopped 2tbsp
16) Oil for shallow fry
1) Wash and drain mince and place in a pressure cooker.
2) To it add chopped onion, salt, turmeric pdr, chilli pdr, ginger-garlic paste, coriander pdr and 1tbsp oil.
3) Add 1cup water and cook for 5-6 whistle or till mince get well cooked.
4) Open the lid and bhunofry kheema very well till it gets dry.
5) Add 2tbsp chopped Coriander leaves,1tbsp chopped mint leaves and 1tbsp lemon juice. Mix well and allow it to get cool.
6) When mince is completely cooled add grated cheese, mix and keep aside.
7) Boil potatoes, peel and mash thoroughly.
8) Add salt to taste, pepper pdr, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chopped green chillies and lemon juice.
9) Beat egg with a pinch of salt and pepper pdr and keep it aside.
10) Now take a small size ball of the mashed potato, flatten it, fill the kheema mixture in it.
11) Now cover it with another flattened potato ball. Seal it properly. See that the filling do not come out. Make cutlets in the same manner.
12) Heat oil in a pan for shallow fry. Dip the cutlet in the beaten egg and coat it with the bread crumbs. Add some more oil around and shallow fry the cutlets in a medium flame until golden brown on both the sides.
Tips :1) After boiling potatoes remove them immediately from water, orelse they will get very sticky while mashing.
2) and if potatoes get very sticky, are not manageable thwn dont panic add some bread crumbs in the mixture and make patties.