Tiramisu meaning "pick me up" or "lift me up" is a popular coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. It is made of Ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar,and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa. There are various recipes of Tiramisu but this is an Easy and Eggless recipe.
1) Mascarpone Cheese can 250 gms
2) Whipping cream 1cup 240 ml
3) Icing/powdered sugar 1/2 cup
4) Vanilla essence 1tsp
5) Hot water 1-1/2 cup
6) Lady fingers 1packet
7) Coffee powder 3tsp full
8) Unsweetened cocoa pdr for dusting
9) Sugar 1tbsp (optional)
10) Cocoa powder 1tsp
11) Grated chocolate for garnish
1) Mix 3tsp of coffee powder, 1tsp of cocoa powder and 1tbsp of sugar in 1-1/2cup of hot water. Pour into a deep wide plate. Let cool down.
2) Whip cream with an electric beater till light and fluffy.
3) Add vanilla essence, icing sugar and mascarpone cheese and mix till well mixed.
4) Hold the biscuit, sugar side up, dip quickly in coffee mix only till middle centre of biscuit. Arrange layer in a desired dish.
5) Spoon half of the cream mix over the biscuits, proceed again with dipping and arranging another layer of biscuits. Spoon the other half of cream. Smooth the top with spatula.
6) Cover plate with plastic wrap, and keep in fridge for 6hrs or overnight.
7) Before serving, dust some cocoa with a siever and grated chocolate to cover the top.
The quantity of biscuits you'll be consuming depends on the size of the dish you're using.. and I have used more biscuits to surround the edges, but i think you won't need more than 36pieces.
I am sending this recipe to Wedding Anniversary Cakes and Sweets | HM Besties Event #02 conducted by Monu Teena and Haffa.