Fiery Pizza Buns
As'Salamualaikum Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu
You can check out the recipe of Pizza Dough here : Pizza Dough
1) Maida/ all purpose flour 2cups
2) Yeast 1-1/2 tsp
3) Lukewarm Water 2/3 cup
4) Sugar 1tsp
5) Salt to Taste 1/2tsp
6) Garlic Paste/powder 1tsp
7) Oregano/Mixed Herbs 1/2tbsp
8) Olive oil 2tbsp
Method for Dough
1) In a bowl take Lukewarm Water add sugar and Yeast, Stir it well and leave for 5mins.
2) Add salt, oil, garlic paste/powder and oregano in maida, mix well.
3) Now add yeast mixture and with hands knead a soft dough. The dough will be sticky.
4) Now take this mixture on your Kitchen platform and knead with the help of Oil for at least 5 mint. Now, put the Dough in a greased bowl in warm place covered with a cloth for at least 30-40mins, or till the dough doubles.
1) Chicken boneless 1cup (boiled n chopped in very small pieces)
2) Onion 1small finely chopped
3) Capsicum 1small finely chopped
4) Red bell pepper 1small finely chopped
5) Black olives 3-4tbsp finely chopped
6) jalapeños 3-4 tbps finely chopped
7) Schezwan sauce 2tbsp full
8) Tomato ketchup 1tbsp full
9) Oregano/mixes seasoning/ pizza seasoning/pasta seasoning 1tsp
10) Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
11) Salt to taste
12) Oil 1tbps
13) Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese almost 1/2 cup grated/shredded.
Method for filling:
1) Heat oil in a pan and add boiled chicken. Saute for few seconds and now add onions and cook till translucent.
2) Add capsicum, red bell pepper, and stir fry for 2mins.
3) Once vegetables leave moisture add salt, black pepper, schezwan sauce, tomato ketchup, oregano and stir.
4) Cook the mixture for another 2mints. Ensure there is no excess moisture to the filling..
5) Now wait till the filling comes to room temp. Once the filling comes to room temp, add cheese, olives and jalapeños just before using the filling to make Buns.
Stuffing the buns:
1) After the first proofing of the dough, when u see your dough is doubled punch the dough and knead it for 2 more mints.
2) Divide the dough in equal sized balls. Dust some dry flour on the work surface and roll each ball into approx.. 4 inches diameter with the help of spoon put 2tbsp. of filling and close the edges ( As we do for stuffed parantha).
3) Now with gentle hands place the Buns in a greased Baking Sheet with difference of at least 3 Inches amongst each bun. Once all the buns are ready leave them in a warm place covered with a cloth for at least 20mins for second proofing.
4) Brush the Buns with cream or butter or egg whites before baking for that shiny look and soft upper crust.
5) Garnish the buns with sesame seeds (optional)
6) After 20mins, when you will check your Buns would have been increased further in size. Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30mins. ( Mine were done in approx.. 27/28 mints. Let them cool before you cut or eat them.
Your Pizza Buns are ready to enjoy..