Lagan.... wide, heavy-bottomed Indian pot, ensures evenly cooked meat. It is the perfect utensil to cook the famous Hyderabadi Mughlai dish called, “Lagan ka Murgh.” However, if you don’t own a lagan, cook this dish wide, heavy-bottomed pot.
1) Chicken 1kg
2) Milk 1cup
3) Poppy seeds/ Khash-khash 2tbsp
4) Cashewnuts 5-6
5) Pistachio 10
6) Coconut pdr 1/3 cup
7) Garam masala 1tsp
8) Red chilli pdr 1tsp
9) Coriander pdr 1/2 tsp
10) Cumin pdr 1/2 tsp
11) Green chillies 10-12
12) Mint leaves 1/2 cup
13) Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
14) Ghee 4tbsp
15) Salt to taste
16) Curd 4tbsp heaped
17) Ginger Garlic paste 1tbsp full
1) In a small pan, over low heat, roast dry coconut, cashew nuts, poppy seeds and pistachios. When the dry coconut turns light brown, remove from heat. Cool completely and soak poppy seeds, cashewnuts and pistachios in milk for 1/2 hour ,then add coconut to it and blend into a fine paste.
2) Heat Lagan and add grinded paste, garam masala, red chill pdr, coriander pdr, cumin pdr, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and ghee, mix well ,cover and cook for 2mins.
3) Now add the chicken pieces, ginger-garlic paste and salt and Stir fry for 2mins.
4) Now add curd and keep stirring till it gets incorporated well.
5) Cover and cook on low flame. Keep stirring occasionally till chicken gets well cooked.
6) When you see ghee floating on top then your chicken is ready. Sprinkle some garam masala and simmer for 2more mins.