Mutton with Sikandalous Potli Masala
1) Mutton 500gms
2) Ginger paste 1 tbsp
3) Garlic paste 1 tbsp
4) Red chillies- 4-5
5) Curry leaves 3-4 sprigs
6) Hung curd-2 tbsp(I have used yoghurt)
7) Potatoes 2 medium size cut in 2inch cubes
8) Oil 4-5tbsp
Potli Masala Ingredients :
1) Black peppercorns 1/2 tsp
2) Fennel seed 1/3 tsp ( optional, I did not use)
3) Cumin 1tsp
4) Coriander seeds 1tsp
5) Green elaichi 2-3
6) Cloves 2-3
7) Red chillies 10
coarsely pound the above ingredients and store
I used 3tablespoons of this masala
1) Marinate mutton with ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp of oil, hung curd and salt overnight.
2) Heat remaining oil in a Karahi, fry potatoes for 3-4 mins, remove and keep aside. Add curry leaves and the broken red chillies.
3) Add the marinated meat and seal on high flame for about 7-8mins.
4) Add sufficient water and simmer away till meat is 90%done.
5) Add potatoes and the pre-ground masala and bruised curry leaves and simmer till done.
6) Serve hot with rice.