Saffron Rice with Fried Veggies
As'Salamualaikum Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu!!
Sharing today is very easy yet royal looking dish Saffron Rice with Fried Veggies. A delight to all vegetarians and non-vegetarians too. Cooked using fine long-grain basmati rice, pure saffron for rich flavour, along with veggies fried in pure ghee. It's a pure bliss when served with dishes of our choice.
1) Basmati rice 2 cups
2) 2 to 3 generous pinch of saffron or kesar soak in little warm milk.
3) Caraway seeds/Shah jeera 1Tsp
4) Green cardamom 2
5) Bay leaf/ tej patta 1
6) Cinnamon 1"
7) Cloves 2
8) 3 or 31/4 cups water
9) Oil 1tbsp
10) Salt as required
11) Vegetables ( I used 1cup of carrots, beans and frozen peas)
12) Ghee 1tbsp (optional)
13) Saffron colour one pinch dissolved in 3 Tbsp of water
1) Rinse the rice for 3-4 times in water and soak the rice for 20-30 mins in water.
2) Heat ghee in a deep pan or pot. Stir fry all vegetables for 2-3 mins. Remove and keep aside.
3) In the same ghee pot add all the whole spices including shahjeera. Fry till the oil becomes fragrant.
3) Add water along with salt and bring to boil.
4) Add the rice and cook till almost done. Drain the rice, level it evenly and pour ghee and saffron milk and saffron colour over it. Sprinkle half of the fried veggies.
5) Cover and cook on the very low flame until completely done.
6) Fluff gently with a fork. Garnish with remaining veggies and serve hot with Dalcha n pepper roast chicken.