Two Tier Chocolate and Vanilla Cake
You will need :
1. One 8*8 inches cake pan
2. One 6*6 inches cake pan ( I didnt have one so borrowed from neighbour :P)
3. Two piping bags with 1m tip open star tip
4. One box of Chocolate cake mix
5. One box of Vanilla Cake mix
6. One sachet of Dream Whip(for crumb coat)
For filling :
I made Chocolate whipped cream by using -
1) 240 ml(1 cup) of whipping cream(cold)
2) 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3) 3 - 4 tablespoons (35-50 grams) granulated white sugar, or to taste
4) 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes. Place the vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and cocoa powder in the cold bowl. Stir in about 2 tablespoons of the cream to form a thick paste (this will dissolve the cocoa powder). Then add the rest of the cream and beat just until stiff peaks form. If not using immediately, cover and refrigerate. Makes about 2 cups (480 ml) whipped cream.
For Chocolate Butter icing I used :
1) Icing sugar 4 cups
2) Butter 1/2 cup
3) Cocoa powder 3/4 cup
4) Vanilla essence 1 tsp
5) Milk 2-3 tbsp
In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and well blended. Beat in the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the milk and beat to combine. Then, on high speed, beat frosting until it is light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). If not using right away, cover with plastic wrap to prevent the frosting from drying out.
This frosting can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Bring to room temperature and re-whip before using. Add a little milk or sugar if needed to get the right consistency.
For White Butter Icing I used :
1) Icing sugar 1 cup
2) Butter 1/4 cup
3) Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
4) Milk 1 tbsp
(method is same as above)
1) Bake the cake separately according to the box instructions, in different cake pans and let then cool completely
2) Take the dream whip sachet, whip it according to the instructions and keep refrigerated. This cream is used for crumb coat!
3) Slice the cake horizontal in two and fill with Chocolate Whipped Cream. Layer them and cover with Dream whip icing(crumb coat)
4) Using a 1M wilton tip, fill your icing bag half full with icing. Starting at the bottom of the cake do a full line of rosettes around the bottom of the cake - to make a rosette, do a star and then quickly go clockwise (or anti clockwise) around the star, you will then have a beautiful rosette. Once you’ve done the first line of rosettes, do the middle line - it’s really lovely to offset the rosettes. And then do the top line - once done do mini rosettes atop the bottom tier. Repeat the above steps for the top tier.
Don't get confused and watch this video link for more details!!