Ingredients for falafel :
1) Chickpeas/ kabuli chana 1 cup
2) Garlic cloves 3-4 chopped
3) Onion large 1 chopped
4) Parsley chopped 3 tbsp
5) Flour 3tbps
6) Coriander pdr 1tsp
7) Cumin pdr 1tsp
8) Green chillies 2 chopped(optional)
9) Salt to taste
10) Red chilli pdr 1/2 tsp
11) Lemon juice 2tsp
Other ingredients :
1) Oil to shallow fry
2) Tahini sauce
3) White Onion slices as required
4) Tomatoes slices as required
5) Cucumber sliced as required
6) Olives (optional)
7) Lettuce as required
8) Tomato ketchup as required
9) Mustard sauce as required
10) Cheese slices 6
11) Burger buns 6
1) Wash and soak chickpeas overnight with enough cold water. Or you can use canned chickpeas drained.
2) Place the drained, uncooked chickpeas and the onions in a food processor.
3) Add the parsley, salt, garlic and green chillies. Process until blended but not pureed.
4) Remove in a bowl and add flour, cumin pdr, coriander pdr, red chilli pdr, lemon juice and salt to taste.
5) Mix well with your hands and refrigerate for 1hour.
6) Make burger size patties of the chickpea mixture.
7) Heat oil in a wide pan and shallow fry these patties on low-medium flame until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
8) Assemble all the other ingredients on burger as you usually do when making regular burgers.
9) Or just check my pic of burger above :P
1) We can deep fry the Falafel, and when doing so, if you find your falafel is falling apart, by all means use more flour, but add a little at time.
2) Egg is also an acceptable binding agent, but only use 1 egg.