Mughlai Malai Khorma (weekend special)
Its weekend today @ ZaiqedaarPakwaan, and it has to be Special! And I had made very simple yet delicious spread to my family. I served Pyaaz Pulao, Kulfe ki Katli and Mughlai Malai Khorma, A khorma which is rich and silky smooth nutty gravy that coats the chicken, enhanced with a layer of silver warq. Experience this way of cooking and garnish with sliced almonds pistachio and silver warq for the classic Mughlai touch.
1) Chicken 1 kg (cut in 12 pieces)
2) Oil 3 tbsp
3) Onions 3 medium
4) Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp full
5) Green chillies 4-5
6) Almonds 20 (make a fine paste)
7) Khoya 1/4 cup (optional)
8) Yoghurt 1 cup
9) White Pepper 1/2 Tsp
10) Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
11) Cream 4-5 tbsp
12) Almonds and Pistachios slivered for garnishing
13) Silver Warq for garnishing
1) Wash and drain Chicken thoroughly, marinate with salt, ginger-garlic paste and white pepper for 1/2 hour.
2) Make a paste of onions and green chillies and keep aside.
3) Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add onions paste and saute till light golden in colour.
4) Add yoghurt, almond paste and khoya, cook on low heat for 10 mins.
5) Now add marinated chicken, stirring occasionally cook on low heat for 10 mins.
6) Add 1/2 cup water and simmer down for another 5 mins.
7) Once the chicken is cooked, add cream cardamom powder, simmer for 2 mins and remove from heat.
8) Garnish with silver warq, almond and pistachios slivers.