1) Chicken 1kg
2) Onions fried 1cup
3) Ginger-garlic paste 1-1/2 tbsp
4) Coconut powder 1/4 cup
5) Almonds 8-10
6) Poppy seeds 2 tbsp (you can use 4-6 cashewnuts also)
7) Garam masala powder 1 tsp (use home made for best results)
8) Red chilli powder 2tsp ( I used kashmiri chilli pdr)
9) Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
10) Curd 150 ml/ 1cup full
11) Salt to taste
12) Coriander leaves finely chopped 2tbsp
13) Mint leaves finely chopped 3tbsp
14) Potatoes 2 large (optional)
15) Green chillies 5-6
16) Oil 4 tbsp
17) Cinnamon 1"
18) Cloves 3
19) Cardamoms 3
20) Lemon Juice 1tbsp
1) Clean and wash chicken thoroughly.
2) Marinate chicken with salt, turmeric pdr, chilli pdr, ginger-garlic paste and curd for 1/2 hour.
3) Make a fine paste of coconut pdr, almonds, poppy seeds and fried onions.
4) Take a wide heavy bottomed pan, heat oil and cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms, let it splutter for few seconds.
5) Add the paste made of coconut, stir for 2mins on low flame.
6) Now add marinated chicken, Stir and cook for 2mins on medium-low flame.
7) Add 1/2 cup water and let it cook on low flame for 10mins, stir occasionally to prevent masala from burning.
8) Add large size potatoes pieces,coriander and mint leaves and green chillies with little more water and simmer until chicken is tender and potatoes get cooked.
9) Add lemon juice, taste the seasoning and adjust the gravy accordingly.
10) Serve hot garnishing with mint leaves.