Assalamualaikum Dear Friends.... :)
Sandwiches?? Oh yess I love sandwiches that too grilled one...yumm!!
And today I wanna share Healthy Grilled Sandwich with Crunchy Bhindi filling. Chatpati, little spicy, little tangy with some crunchiness. Okra/bhindi with nutty flavor was something very new and worth trying. Recipe of Nutty okra was shared on fb-group by Rakesh Sharma who is an excellent cook. Make it at breakfast or evening snack, for kids or adults. Kids who complains eating veggies, will definitely enjoy these sandwiches. Ideal for lunch boxes too...
Lady finger is my favorite veggie and this twist to it gave a complete makeover. Placing a cheese slice in the sandwich will make the kids drool.
I am sure Veg-lovers will rave about the simply fabulous nutty flavor of this hearty grilled sandwich. It goes so well with a dash of ketchup and layer of tangy green chutney. For healthy reason I used brown bread.
Lets get started with making of Nutty Okra filling and then make the sandwich!! :D
1) Okra/Bhindi - 500gms sliced
2) Onion 2 large finely sliced
3) Roasted Peanuts 200 gms
4) Roasted Cumin seeds 2 tsp
5) Red chili powder 1 tsp
6) Turmeric powder 1 tsp
7) Salt as per taste
8) Green chili chopped 2
9) Mustard oil 1 ladle ( I used Olive oil)
1) Crush peanuts and cumin seeds together. In a wok bring the mustard oil to the smoking point, take off the heat, bring to the room temperature then reheat.( If using mustard oil)
2) Add onions and cook on medium heat for two minutes,
3) Add the okra and sauté for two minutes.
4) Add chopped green chili, salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
5) Stir fry at low heat uncovered till okra gets crispy and cooked.
6) Add crushed peanuts n cumin seeds.
7) Fry for two to three minutes and set aside.
Spread green chutney on one slice of bread and tomato ketchup on other slice. Spoon a generous layer of fried crunchy okra/bhindi on one slice of bread, close with another slice and grill in sandwich maker until golden brown crisp. Serve Hot!!