Baingan ka Dalcha
Dalcha is an Hyderabadi, Indian stew made from mutton, chana/tuvar ki dal and tamarind. It is a dish of famous Hyderabadi cuisine served with Baghara Khana. Usually it is made with Kaddu/Lauki/Bottle gourd , but can aslo be made with Brinjal.
- Toor daal:1 cup (pressure cooked and mashed into smooth paste)
- Mutton: 1/2 kilo with bones
- Onion: 1 big sliced
- Tomato: 2 medium sized cut into wedges
- Brinjal 6 large cut into wedges
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder: 1 tbsp or according to ur taste
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Khatta:tamarind soaked in water or tamarind pulp according to sourness required
- Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
- Garam masala powder:1/2 tsp
- green chillies: 3
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Few curry leaves
- Salt: to taste
- Pressure cook onion, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste,salt, tomatoes,mutton, cinnamon stick , oil and water for 20 mins!
- Release the pressure and Bhunofy till oil separates.Now add daal and brinjal to it, Let it boil for 5 mins!
- Now add khatta,water according to the consistency required and green chillies,Pressure cook for just one whistle,Release the pressure,adjust the consistency,add garam masala powder ,chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves and simmer for another 6-7 mins!
- Serve hot with Baghara Chawal!!