Hyderabadi cuisine is also known as "Deccan cuisine of India" has the legacy of Nizams Rule. The cuisine is linked to the nobles, who religiously maintain the authenticity of past, and the recipes are a closely guarded secret. And today I am going to share you such authentic secret recipe of very famous dessert "Gil-e-Firdous" which is mostly served in wedding parties.
This recipe belongs to "Shabana Mami" the most generous,adorable, awesome lady i have ever met. She is a truly "A GEM" Masha'Allaah!
I bet you guys that you will not get this recipe anywhere on net... Hope you will make yourself and decide that indeed this was secret recipe which is not a secret anymore. :)
- Milk 1 ltr
- Basmati rice 3/4 cup
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk 1/2 tin
- Pineapple juice 1/2 cup
- Pineapple slices chopped 1 cup
- Pineapple essence 1/2 tsp
- Pomegranate for garnishing (optional)
- Slivered Almonds and Pistachios for garnishing
- Wash and soak rice for one hour and grind coarsely.
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom saucepan and saute rice for 2 mins.
- Next add milk in the saucepan and let it boil until rice gets well cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Now let the milk cool completely. Once it is cooled blend it into a smooth paste.
- Transfer milk and rice mixture again in the saucepan and bring it to boil on low flame.
- Now add sugar, condensed milk and pineapple essence.
- Turn off the gas.
- Now add chopped pineapple slices, pineapple juice and serve it chill with garnish of sliced almonds, pistachios and pomegrante.