Boti ka Saalan.....
Hmm... i know i know many of you might have made (eww) faces, but let me assure you that in Hyderabad this is One of the most demanding recipe. I personally dont eat this but this curry is enjoyed by whole family. Traditionally this is made at the time of "Bakrid' but often made on special occassions. Back home in India we usually cook all the other parts of lamb like, small and large intestines. But I have made this curry only with tripe.
- Lamb tripe 1
- Onions 2 medium
- Tomato small 1
- Turmeric 3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste 1-1/2 tbsp
- Whole spices(cinnamon 2" cloves 4, cardamoms 4)
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp chopped
- Mint leaves 3-4 tbsp chopped
- Salt to taste
- Ginger julien for garnishing
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Green chillies
- The very important step to enjoy this is cleaning. Clean it very very well. To clean lamb tripe(stomach pouch of lamb) soak it in very hot water for 10-15mins. Then with a knife scrape off the outer black cover/skin. and with a scissor cut it into small pieces.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add whole spices and let them splutter for few seconds, add lamb tripe, and all other ingredients from 2-13no's.
- Adding little water pressure cook it for 6-7 whistles on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and bhunofy well on medium flame. Taste and adjust spices.
- Sprinkle some more garam masala and chopped mint leaves and add green chillies.
- Cook on low flame for 5 mins more and serve hot garnishing with julien ginger.