Hyderabadi Ando ka Salan
Ando ka salan.....
Here is another regular made curry which is commonly enjoyed in Hyderabadi household. Spicy tangy masala based curry with boiled eggs is my husband's all time favourite.
- Eggs boiled 6
- Onions 2 medium size
- Tomatoes 1 large
- Dry coconut powder 3 tbsp full
- Coriander powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Zeera powder 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp full
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 2 tsp
- Curry leaves 10+10
- Zeera 1 tsp
- Whole red chilies 4
- Tamrind Juice 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Green chilies 3
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Make few slits on hard boiled eggs and keep aside.
- Make a very fine paste of onions, tomato, coconut pdr, coriander pdr, cumin pdr and 10 curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add cumin, whole chillies and 10 curry leaves. Let it splutter for a min, dont let it burn.
- Now add paste which we made above, stir for a min, add turmeric, red chilli pdr, salt and ginger-garlic paste. Bhunofry for few mins.
- Add boiled eggs and again bhunofry till you see oil at the edges of saucepan.
- Next add tamrind juice, little water adjusting the consistency as required. Add chopped coriander leaves and green chilies, let it cook on low flame for 10-15 mins.
- Serve hot with plain white rice and Kuta'hua Gosht