Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!! :)
Its Weekend special today and its everyone's favourite....Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani!!
The famous Hyderabadi cuisine emphasises the use of ingredients that are carefully chosen and cooked to the right time. There is a saying in Hyderabad, cooking patiently(Itmenaan se) is the key and hallmark of Hyderabadi cuisine.
Sharing from my Zaiqedaar kitchen the most authentic recipe of Hyderabadi Biryani (Chicken)
- Basmati rice 1kg
- Chicken 1kg
- Ginger-garlic paste 1-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder 2-3 tsp
- Golden fried onions 1 cup full
- Curd/Yogurt 3/4 cup
- Coriander leaves 1/2 bunch chopped
- Mint leaves 1/2 bunch chopped
- Green chillies 4-5
- Cardamom whole 7-8
- Cloves 4-5
- Cinnamon stick 1 big piece
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil of fried onions 1/4tsp
- In a large handi marinate the chicken for 45 mins - 1hour with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, cardamom whole, cinnamon stick, cloves, lemon juice, fried onions, ghee 2 tbsp, coriander and mint leaves, green chillies, yogurt and oil.
- Meanwhile boil basmati rice with salt, 4cardamoms, 1" cinnamon stick and mint leaves till half cookes (grain should break into 2 pieces)
- Save some rice water in a cup and mix 2 tbsp of ghee in it and save aside.
- In a cup of milk add few strands of saffron and boil and keep aside.
- Now, layer the rice over the marinated mutton. Sprinkle ghee-rice water mix, sprinkle saffron milk, and golden fried onions. Cover with foil tightly.
- Put a heavy object ( heavy pan or skillet) on the top of the container, so that the steam doesn’t escape easily.Cook biryani for 8-10 minutes on high. Now place the biryani vessel on a iron tawa and let it cook on low flame for about 25mins! Do not open the lid immediately, let the dish rest for more 10mins.
- Serve hot with Mirchiyo ka Salan and dahi ki chutney.