Friday, March 20, 2015

Rice Pudding with Orange Curd

Assalamualaikum Warahatullahi Wabarakatuhu!! :)
It has been quiet busy days for me as my kids were writing their final exams...I was not able to concentrate on cooking and was away from food world.
Alhumdulillah as now they have finished their exams, my laptop stopped working!! Begged my hubby to lend his laptop for editing and posting my recipes which was not an easy task. :/
 
Anyways today I have something very special dessert to share which I got the recipe from a foodie friend **Areej Abdel-Majeed**. Her pictures were soo mesmerizing. Loved the tangy flavor of orange in this rice pudding. 
 

Ingredients for rice pudding:
  1. Milk full fat 1 liter
  2. Short grain rice 3/4cup (I used basmati)
  3. Sugar 1 cup
  4. Orange zest 2 tsp

Method:
Wash and dry rice for n hour and make a coarse powder.
In a clean saucepan combine milk, sugar, rice and orange zest. Cook on medium heat until thick and creamy,  mixing occasionally. Usually it takes 45-60 min to be ready. Pour it on serving dishes and start to make orange curd.




Ingredients for Orange Curd
  1. Fresh orange juice 4 cups
  2. Cornstarch 4 tbsp.
  3. Sugar 1/4 cup

Method:
Add all the ingredients together on medium heat until well thickened then pour over the served rice pudding. let it cool completely then enjoy chilled.


 That's my son who gave me tough time taking pictures as wasn't able to control himself.... :P :P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews