Easy Beef and Bell Peppers
Assalamualaikum Friends!! :)
I love Chinese and I love Beef... usually my beef recipes are very Indian which is spicy and lots of masala but this time decided to give a change. And the change was worth it Alhumdulillaah!!
This recipe can be made with mutton or chicken too.
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINADE:
- Soy sauce 3 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp
- Water 1/3 cup
- Vinegar 2 tbsp.
- Corn flour 1 tbsp.
- Coarsely ground black pepper 1 tsp
- Beef steak or sirloin 1/2 kg (cut diagonally into thin strips)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp (can use regular oil)
- Fresh ginger 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves 4 (finely chopped)
- Spring onions- white and green separated sliced diagonally 1/4 cup
- Bell peppers of your choice (green. red, yellow) 2 medium size thinly sliced
METHOD TO GET STARTED:
- Marinate beef with all the ingredients under marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and add bell peppers and white part of spring onions, ginger, garlic and saute for 3 mins, stirring occasionally. remove and keep aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 tbsp oil add marinated beef with a slotted spoon reserving the marinade and saute for 2-3 mins until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the beef in a plate and keep aside.
- In that same saucepan add the reserved marinade and cook for 2 mins or until thickened.
- Add cooked beef, saute veggies and green parts of spring onions. stir well to combine. let it simmer down for 2 more mins, then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over fried rice, noodles or just plain white rice.
- Enjoy!! :)