Assalamualaikum Friends... :)
Hope you guys are doing great!! Today its very simple makeover recipe of leftover rice. At my mom's place we used to call this as "Baghara'hua Chawal" which we used to love soo much. Usually this is made when there is lot of leftover rice and you are in no mood to make curry. Best enjoy with pickle or any leftover curry.
- Leftover cooked rice 2 cups
- Onion 1 medium sliced
- Tomato 1 large chopped
- Capsicum 1 medium chopped (optional)
- French Beans 10 chopped (optional)
- Ginger-garlic paste 1-2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies 2-3
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp. chopped
- Salt very little to taste
- Egg beaten 1 (optional)
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- Water 1/4 cup
- Take a wide pan and heat oil.
- Add sliced onions and fry till they start changing its color.
- Add all chopped vegetables and stir fry for a min or till tomatoes get mushy.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds. Now add beaten egg if using and let it cook without stirring for 2 mins. Add water give a nice stir and now add cooked rice and mix well. Sprinkle some salt, add green chilies and chopped coriander leaves. Close the lid of pan and simmer down for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with favorite pickle, salad and any leftover curry.