Spicy Zeera/Cumin Rice
As'Salamaualaikum Wa'Rahmatullahi Wa'Barakatuhu
My favorite way of making dhaba style Zeera rice. It's easy, simple, spicy and delicious!! Goes well with many dhaba style non-veg curries and dal fry.
- Rice Cooked 2 cups
- Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Zeera/cumin 1 tbsp
- Green chilies 4-5slit
- Curry leaves 2-3 sprigs
- Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed non-stick pan.
- Add zeera, curry leaves, green chilies and let it splutter for 30 seconds.(do not burn the cumin)
- Add ginger-garlic paste and stir fry for a min.
- Add rice and pepper and little salt to taste.
- Stir fry on medium-high heat for a minute and simmer down on low flame for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with Kashmiri Yakhni