Street Food Style-Chicken Noodles
As'Salamualaikum my Dear Friends!! :)
Hmm today's post might have raised your one eyebrow after reading the name of the recipe... :P
Yes its "chicken noodles made in street food style. Keeping hygiene in corner of mind I love to enjoy street food. Whether its pani puri, chaat or ganney(sugarcane) ka juice to name a few. As I miss my home place food soo much, I try to make such things at home to beat my cravings. So today I'll share chicken noodles recipe which my family loves to enjoy.
- Noodles of your choice 250 gms (i used egg noodles)
- Eggs 5 beaten with salt and pepper
- Carrots thinly sliced 1 cup
- French beans finely sliced 1 cup
- Capsicum thinly sliced 1 cup
- Cabbage thinly sliced 1 cup
- Spring onions finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Soya sauce 4-5tbsp
- Hot sauce 1 tbsp (optional)
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 2 tsp
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN:
- Boneless chicken 1 cup (make very small pieces)
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Salt to taste
- Red food color a pinch (optional)
Method for chicken:
Marinate chicken with all the ingredients for 1hour. Heat oil in deep saucepan and deep fry chicken pieces in two-three batches. Remove and keep aside.
METHOD TO STIR FRY NODDLES:
- Boil noodles as per package instructions adding little salt and oil.
- When it is about 85-90% cooked, drain the noodles and toss it lightly with cold water. Drain it completely and set aside until ready to use
- We will make these noddles in batches so that everything gets well incorporated.
- Take a heavy bottomed iron wok/pan or deep non-stick pan. Heat 2 tbsp oil, first add half beaten eggs. stir to scramble a little, next add half vegetables, half fried chicken and on medium to high heat keep stir frying for 1 minute.
- Add boiled noodles, salt, black pepper, soya sauce, hot sauce, red chili powder and vinegar. on high flame keep stirring for a minute till everything get well mixed.
- Check the seasoning and remove in a hot pot.
- Continue with other half eggs, vegetables, chicken and noodles in this same way.
- Be attentive while stir frying since it should be done on high flame.
- Serve hot!!! :)
Cautious note: Don't use WhatsApp or Facebook while cooking. :P :P