Tamatar ki Chutney
Tamatar ki Chutney....
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah!! :)
Today I have very simple staple and all time favorite recipe of "Tamate ki Chutney"
Every home has their own style of making this regular chutney, and I like mine to be tangy and spicy. Goes well with hot khichdi or plain white rice. We also add dry kabab or just an egg to give it a variation. Best made with desi tomatoes since it has its own rich sourness.
- Red Tomatoes 1/2 kg chopped roughly
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves 5-6
- Red chili powder 2 tsps full
- Turmeric powder 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp (roasted)
- Cumin powder 3/4 tsp (roasted)
- Garlic cloves 4 sliced (for tempering)
- Curry leaves 10+10
- Green chilies 2-3 small
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds a pinch
- Dry red chilies 5
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1+2 tbsps.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a saucepan. Add chopped tomatoes, cloves of garlic, 10 curry leaves and salt. cover and let tomatoes get cooked till very mushy.
- Keep bhunoing (stirring) every now and then. When you see that tomatoes are well cooked then add red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, green chilies and cook for another 5 mins on low heat
- Now for tempering/baghaar..
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in small pan, add cumin, mustard seeds, 10 curry leaves, dry red chili and sliced cloves. let it sizzle for 1 min till it change its color but doesn't burn.
- Pour this baghaar on tomato chutney, close the lid and let it sit for 10mins before serving.
- Enjoy!! :)