Theeka(spicy) Masala Gosht
As'Salamualaikum Wa'Rahmatullaah!! :)
Yumm!!! Here is another spicy recipe to relish. My family loves spicy food and they want it every now and then. I try to make different variations of fried gosht recipes and this is one of them which can be made very often.
- Beef boneless 1/2 kg
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp full
- Shallots sliced 1/2 cup
- Kashmiri red chili powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Onions sliced 1 big
- Curry leaves 3-4 sprigs
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Marinate meat with salt, ginger-garlic paste, shallots, chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder for 1 hour.
- Cover and cook the marinated beef adding sufficient quantity of water, until tender. (you can use pressure cooker if desired)
- Uncover and cook until all the water is dried.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat oil, add sliced onions and curry leaves.
- Saute until it turns golden brown and add cooked beef, add lemon juice, garam masala and black pepper powder. Mix well and stir fry on a medium heat until it turns dark and dry. Garnish with sliced green chilies and few curry leaves.
- Serve hot with zeera rice and bowl full of salad.