Today it's most famous summer drink call it Aabshola or Aampanna or Kairi ka Sharbat
Summer makes you long for cool satisfying drink. Instead of drinking artificially flavoured and sugar filled drink try this raw mango drink which will not only quench your thirst and also very refreshing in this severe summer. It is very tangy, tantalizing, tasty for the tongue and healthy low-cal thirst quencher. Aab shola is an Indian drink renowned for its heat-resistant properties. It is made from green mangoes and is light green in color, and is consumed as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat.
Aam panna, which is prepared using raw mangoes, sugar and an assortment of spices, quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron during summer due to excessive sweating. And is considered beneficial in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Raw mangoes 500 gms
- Water 1-1/2 liter
- Sugar to taste
- Black salt 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Ice cubes few
- Wash, peel and boil the mangoes in pressure cooker with 1/2 liter water, for about 2-3 whistles on medium heat.
- Let it cool to room temperature and remove the pulp with clean hands.
- Transfer the pulp to food processor and puree it to fine smooth consistency.
- Add all the spices and salt and give it a good mix.
- At this stage you can store this puree in freezer pouring it in ice cubes tray and later transfer the cubes in zip lock packet. Use whenever needed by just adding water.
- Take a serving jar and add ice cubes, raw mango puree and required water.
- Stir well combined and adjust the taste accordingly.
- Garnish with Mint leaves and serve chilled.
As Ramadan is approaching soon In'sha'Allaah, this can be perfect drink for Iftars. Just Make the pulp in large quantity and freeze it. You can enjoy this healthy drink during whole Ramadan In'sha'Allaah!! :)