Monday, May 25, 2015

Guest Post By The Big Sweet Tooth

Assalamualaikum  Warahmatullaahi Wabarakatuhu!! :)

 
Welcome to ZaiqedaarPakwaan... where its all about sharing Zaiqa from a Hyderabadi Kitchen. :)

 As you guys know I am not a blog person. I am still not much aware of . what it takes to be a blogger. There are loads of things to be learned. I’m still in the process of learning. I’m not a consistent blogger, but again… this makes me happy, Alhumdulillah!!
Today's post is very special and dear to me as its the first guest post on my blog by Rafeeda AR of The Big Sweet Tooth
And yes its 100th post on my blog too... Yayy, Alhumdulillah completed a century.

 I don't think Rafeeda needs any introduction...at all, her work speaks for her passion for cooking. She is soo down to earth and friendly person. I am always mesmerized seeing her as prodigious and consistent food blogger. Masha'Allaah she maintains a commendable balance between her job, her personal life and her blog.... well she is an "All-Rounder Super Woman" for sure. Masha'Allah, her write-ups are worth reading. I wish I had at-least half of her writing power. Her dishes are simple yet mouth-watering. There are a few recipes from her blog that are on my to-do list and Insha'Allah have to try them soon.
Met her in a virtual world of facebook, who is always the first person to comment on my blog posts. She never misses any of my posts, and I always look forward for her comments first. 

I would like to Thank her for letting me share her world of recipes treasure.
Jazakillaahu Khairan Kateeran Rafeeda for making my space soo special with your presence.
    
Without wasting any more time lets checkout more about Rafeeda and her blog and ofcourse what she has been cooking for us!! :D

Over to you Rafeeda...
 
         Assalamu alaikum to all the lovely readers of Zaiqedaar Pakwaan… :)
I am so glad to be on Farheen’s space today. I have been a big fan of her recipes even since the time she used to post of her Facebook page. I feel amazed at her wide repertoire of authentic Hyderabadi meat recipes that I have lost count of how much I have bookmarked from her page and have actually given up on them! Hehe… When she requested me to be the first guest on her blog, I was mighty excited and Alhamdulillah, finally I am here! It has taken me too long to give her my post, but I must say that she was really patient with me.
 
Before moving on, let me introduce myself briefly. My name is Rafeeda, and I blog at “The Big Sweet Tooth”, which is a collection of my tried and tested recipes in my little kitchen. I am a working mother of two lovely daughters, an Indian – to be more specific, a Keralite – by heart but settled in the UAE since childhood and absolutely loving it! I take to cooking as a stress buster from my otherwise packed life. Baking is my passion and given a chance, I would jump to bake whenever I get a chance. Just like my blog name, my preference is always sweet, but as of now, I am trying hard to control as much as I can because sweetness in character is acceptable but sweetness in food is always frowned upon when health and weight comes in picture! Hehe…
After thinking a lot and consulting with Farheen, I decided to give her a baked goody as my guest post. This recipe was taken from a cut-out I had pasted into my big scrap book, which are loaded with recipes. I had bought a pineapple only for baking this cake because it had been tempting me ever since I had seen it, but it took me four days after buying the pineapple to finally make it. And I was not disappointed. The cake was mildly sweet, but the caramel topping and pineapples made up for the sweetness and it was a lovely cake to relish over a cup of hot tea and a lovely conversation! Without much ado, off to the recipe…

 


                                                     Pineapple Coconut Upside Down Cake
 
                                                              Makes a 9 inch cakes (Serves 10-12)
   

Ingredients for the caramel top:
  1. small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 2 cm pcs (around 500 gm)
  2. 125 gm brown sugar
  3. 75 gm butter, cold
  4. A pinch of salt
 
For the Cake:
 
  1. 50 gm grated coconut
  2. 200 gm all-purpose flour
  3. 1 tsp baking powder
  4. ½ cup (113 gm) butter, softened
  5. 100 gm sugar3 large eggs, room temperature
  6. 90 ml coconut milk


Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep a 9 inch cake pan ready. Grease the sides well.
  2. Put the pineapple and brown sugar in a wide pan on low heat. Allow the sugar to melt, and then leave it on simmer till the pineapple gets quoted, turning it occasionally so that all the sides get covered. This process will take around 8-10 minutes. Remove the pineapple using a slotted spoon into a sieve placed over a saucepan.
  3. Allow the sugar and syrup to simmer for another 5 minutes, till it turns syrupy. Chop the butter and add into the syrup. Whisk till melted and the caramel starts getting an amber shade. Add in the salt and switch off the flame. Pour the syrup onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange the pineapple slices all over the syrup.
  4. For the cake, combine the coconut, flour and the baking powder in a bowl and keep aside. Beat the butter and sugar till creamy. Add in one egg at a time, beating after each addition. Now add in the coconut milk and the juices collected while sieving the pineapple, and beat till combined. Fold in the flour mixture to make a smooth batter – it will be thick.
  5. Arrange the batter on top of the pineapple slices. Flatten the top. Bake around 40 to 45 minutes till the center comes out clean. Run a knife at the edges of the cake and allow to cool in a pan for 15 minutes.
  6. Flip onto a plate carefully. The pineapple pieces may fall off, but just arrange it back. Serve warm as is or with a scoop of icecream or cream!
Now That's one Tempting Piece... Yumm!!

Hope you have liked my guest post, Farheen. I pray that you keep going ahead with your wonderful journey of sharing amazing recipes, BarakAllah Feek!!

 
Alhumdulillaah it was an amazing first guest post experience for me and I am just in love with this droolicious cake.
BarakAllaah feeki Rafeeda for giving me your precious time and sharing such a delight from your kitchen <3 XO 


 

13 comments:

  1. JazakAllah Khair for having me as a part of your blog dear... BarakAllah feek... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wafeeki Rafeeda!!
      The Pleasure is completely mine! :)

      Delete
  2. BarakAllah feeki...a drooling cake being a coconut lover tempted to try this ...too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW ....love the new look of your blog .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have soo much to do!
      still working on this. :)

      Delete
  4. The cake looks so delish,First time here dear ,you have a lovely space...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Gloria for appreciating and dropping by!!
      Glad to have you here... <3

      Delete
  5. You are doing great farheen.Lovely collection of recipes.Love this pineapple upside down cake dear rafee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you soo much Sathya!
      Love to have you here...
      as this is my new field have to explore many more things.

      Thanks once agai for dropping by! :)

      Delete

Total Pageviews