Jaipuri Spicy Chicken
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!!
Alhumdulillah another Jumu'ah!!
Here I am again with another spicy, mind blowing, delicious recipe Jaipuri Chicken Curry. Jaipuri chicken is very famous Rajasthani dish, which is very hot and spicy. Best served with white steamed rice and dal of your choice.
Jodhpur is known as the land of Raja’s and Maharaja’s And these Raja’s were Rajputs, and Rajputs Raja’s were known for their strengthen, strongest . They were hardcore non-vegetarian so the non-veg of jodhpur is full of Royalty. Jodhpuri food is spicy in taste so same for non – veg but non-veg of jodhpur is very different from others places because Jodhpuri people used many types of khade masala’s like Tej-Patta, Badi ellichi , Sabut Kali Mirch, Long, Soof, Dal Chinni and so many else…by using these things the taste of non-veg become doubled.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Dry whole Red Chili 12
- Cloves 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup full
- Cumin Seeds(Roasted) 2tsp
- Coriander powder 1tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves 3
- Green Cardamom pods 4-5
- Black Cardamom pods 4
- Garlic cloves (Finely Chopped) 14-16
- Red Onions (Finely Chopped) 1cup
- Chicken Stock or water 2 cups
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tbsp
For Tadka/ Seasoning
- Red chilly 3-4
- Cloves 3
- Curry leaves 10
- Take 12 red chillies and soak it in 1/2 C water.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds until it starts giving out an aroma
- Mix yogurt with the roasted cumin seeds, coriander powder,chilly powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, bay leaves, green cardamom and black cardamom. When they start to change color, add garlic. When the garlic is golden brown, add onions and cook until they are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Add meat and cook until the sides turn slightly brown
- Drain the red chillies and add it to the pan.
- Continue to cook until the water has evaporated and the meat turns brown.
- Add the spiced yogurt and cook for another 10 mins or until the liquid from the yogurt has evaporated.
- Add the stock or water and cook until the gravy is thick. Remove from heat.
- To prepare the tadka (seasoning), heat up some oil and add the cloves, curry leaves and red chillies. Cook for 1-2 mins. Add the tadka to the dish.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with warm Rice or Chappati.
Recipe Adapted From HERE