Thursday, July 23, 2015

Eid Special - Sheer Khurma

Assalamualaikum Warahmtullahi Wabarakatuhu!! 

*** !!! Eid Mubarak!!! ***

TaqabAllaahu minna wa minkum....I wish all my lovely and dear members of ZaiqedaarPakwaan a very Blessed and Happy EID!!***
I sincerely apologize for posting late, since I was very busy with Ramadan and Eid preparations. This year as my In-laws visited me it was soo much fun at Eid...Alhumdulillaah!!
Oh yess I have to show you my Eid gifts too.. :P As I have started my blogging journey my In-laws(may Allah bless them) gave me soo many awesome gifts. 

I am not a multi-task person, I can't handle blogging and attending guest at the same time and that's the reason I completely took off from blogging. And also my website is under-construction, I completely neglected my foodie world. :( 

Anyways it's high time now...have to get back to my loving blogging world. Ahh soo much to do and soo many recipes to try and share. In'sha'Allaah as soon as my website gets ready will be ready to ride this amazing blogging world again. :D


Sharing with you all The Most Famous Eid Delicacy "Sheer-Khurma" A traditional rich milk and vermicelli dessert loaded with fried nuts and dates. Learnt from my mom and MIL making at Eid-ul-fitr and Eid-al-Adha. Back home in Hyderabad we get special vermicelli which are salty in taste and that makes completely delicious Sheer-khurma. Yes those vermicelli are not available everywhere. We make a large batch of finley sliced nuts called "maghziyaat" few days before eid by soaking almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts and chironjee.


Full cream milk is simmer down along with strands of Saffron till you get rich color and little thick consistency, Vermicelli and finely chopped nuts are roasted in pure homemade ghee for amazing flavor. Usually saffron is not added in sheer-khurma but I like mine with that rich color and taste.




Sharing with you all the way I make and love the Sheer-Khurma. ^_^

INGREDIENTS:

1) Milk - 2 litres
2) Sugar - 3/4 cup (adjust accordingly to taste)
3) Ghee - 1/4 cup
4) Fine Vermicelli - 2/3 cup
5) Saffron strands 10-12
6) Fresh dates 10 (de-seeded and sliced)
7) Almonds 20
8) Cashew nuts 20 (optional)
9) Pistachios 20
10) Chironji nuts 1/4 cup


METHOD:

1) Soak overnight and peel almonds and pistachios. Slice almonds, cashew-nuts and pistachios finely and let them dry. Remove the skin of chironji by rubbing it on a kitchen towel and let it dry. Fry/roast these dry fruits in ghee till slightly brown in color, remove and store in air tight box. Use whenever needed.
2) Take a wide pan and heat ghee. Add vermicelli and roast till golden brown in color on medium flame, remove and keep aside.
3) Boil milk along with saffron strands on medium-low flame for about 30 mins, till it gets rich color and milk gets reduced to 3/4th.
4) Add sugar and stir till sugar gets melted.
5) Next add roasted vermicelli and fried nuts. Stir and cook till the vermicelli gets softened.
6) Remove and transfer in a Serving dish.
7) Garnish with sliced dates and few more fried nuts and few saffron strands.
8) Serve hot or warm.


P.S. You can even add cardamom powder for more flavor. I like my bowl fully loaded with nuts and dates. :P
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Total Pageviews