Mixed Dal Tadka
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu... :)
Today its a complete comfort food. Simple and fulfilling. Who doesn't love plain rice with yummy dal. When I first saw this recipe on FB group, it was on my mind to make it then and there. Monal Patel shared this recipe on CAL and it tempted me to give a try. This was just one amazing recipe. I bet you guys will love it too... next time I would give a smoky flavor to this amazing recipe making it Dhaba style. ;)
There many common ways of making this super delicious dal... mixing different lentils gives a more interesting flavor. lets get started with the making of this amazing dish with ingredients and method.
1) Moong dal/green gram dal - 1/3 cup
2) Udad dal/black dal - 1/3 cup
3) Toor dal/pigeon peas split - 1/3 cup
4) Onions 2 diced
5) Tomatoes 1 diced
6) Whole spices( pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom)
7) Grated ginger 1 tbsp
8) Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
9) Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
10) Coriander powder - 2 tsps
11) Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
12) Garlic chopped - 5-6
12) Salt to taste
1) Ghee + Oil - 1+1 tbsp
2) Curry leaves 10-12
3) Green chilies finley sliced - 2
4) Cumin 1 tsp
5) Dry red chilies 4-5
6) Garlic finely sliced 5-6
7) Coriander chopped - 2 tbsp
8) Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
1) Wash and soak moong, urad and toor dals and soak them in warm water for 30mins
2) In a pressure cooker add 1 tbsp oil, add cumin as it turns dark add the whole spices.
3) Add chopped onions and garlic, saute for 5mins.
4) Add chopped tomatoes and grated ginger, saute for 5-7mins on medium flame.
5) Now add spices, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
6) Next add soak dals with enough water and cook till 4 whistle on medium flame.
7) Open the cooker add few curry leaves and sliced green chilies, salt to taste and water to adjust consistency and let it boil for 5 mins.
8) While the dal is getting boiled start preparing tadka.
In a small pan add 2 tbsp oil, as it heats add 2 tsp cumin. let it get a little dark, lower the flame and add sliced garlic. Saute till golden, Turn off the gas and add whole red chilies. Remove from flame add red chili powder and 1 tbsp Ghee.
Now finally remove dal in a serving bowl. Pour hot tadka over the dal and garnish with chopped green chilies and coriander leaves. Serve hot with parathas, rotis and steamed rice.
|A Plate of Happiness- Alhumdulillaah!!|